Thursday, April 27, 2006

'Wholeness'


I was just cleaning my desk and came across an old Kabbalah book I used to read long before Esther and celebs even knew what it was. Just for fun, I flipped to a page to see what I would see.

Found this passage that reminded me of the 'Wholeness' thing on 'So NoTORIous':

'The state of mind that we need to attain is called ayin, Nothingness. We have to be nothing in our own eyes, and therefore nonreactive [sic]. As we have just seen, we can achieve the level of ayin through the contemplative practice of bittul ha-yesh, the path of selflessness.'

'Selfless, I don't need to be selfless, I'm Tori Spelling!'

Kidding. But that kinda just reignited my interest in Judaism.

[Excerpted from 'God Is A Verb - Kabbalah And The Practice Of Mystical Judaism - Rabbi David A. Cooper Pub. 1997]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com