Friday, June 23, 2006

Caesar in the hole!



Just had one of my brilliant moments. I was shaking up my salad to get the dressing evenly dispersed.

Well, the to-go container lid came off, and I sprayed chicken, romaine lettuce, and caesar dressing all over my desk. It looked pretty funny. Like some bad culinary drive-by. Wish I had my camera.

Side note and useless info: The caesar salad was invented in Mexico:

'Caesar salad was invented in 1924 by Caesar Cardini. Cardini was an Italian restaurateur and chef in Tijuana, Mexico, living in San Diego but working in Tijuana to avoid the restrictions of Prohibition. There are several stories about the specifics of the salad's creation.


The most common is that it resulted from a Fourth of July rush depleting the kitchen's supplies, and Cardini made do with what he had, adding the dramatic flair of a table-side tossing. Another is that it was created for a group of Hollywood stars after a long weekend party.

Most stories say that Cardini had to whip something up from what he had left in his kitchen, and the Caesar salad was the result. The Hotel César still exists in downtown Tijuana, where the original dish is still served.'


Wikipedia - Caesar Salad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com