Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stink Pretty

Two days in a row, I have come across someone wearing CK One. Every time I smell that, it takes me back to 1994. Which got me to thinking how smells get associated with time and or events.



For example, Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, reminds me of middle school.

Obsession, reminds me of the 80's.



Calvin Klein's Eternity, Escape, and vintage Abercrombie and Fitch [before Bruce Weber ad campaign days, when it was a 'gentleman's store], wreaks of high school for me.

Carolina Herrera, and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste, mark my days in Boulder.

Thierry Mugler's Angel, has been the only constant over the years.




Armani's Acqua Di Gio, reminds me of the Tracks days, and how once, after a party hosted by Bacardi, for some rum that they don't make any more, at The Church, I had the mother of all hangovers. I had to crash at a friend's place, and the only shower toiletries he had was Di Gio. I will forever associate puking my liver out to that smell. Makes me nauseated to this day.

And then there's the women's Di Gio, that instantly gives me a headache. Like someone is driving an ice pick, through my sinuses, to right behind the brain.

Estee' Lauder's Youth Dew has the same affect. I actually had to tell my mother to not wear it because of it volatile stink. Same with Drakkar Noir, and the original Polo [in the green bottle]. There was also this heinous fragrance called Grey Flannel. Blegh. Instant migraine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com