Friday, December 01, 2006

So I guess...



...I am writing for 303 Magazine.

I went to their staff meeting last night, to, what I thought was, pitch a possible article here, and there.

But by the time the meeting was over, I had business cards, an invitation to the Christmas party, and a couple of feature columns.

Whua?

It's great, though. It will be a nice creative outlet, and everyone seems pretty cool on staff.

They are re-launching the magazine in February to a larger format with more content; so Denver peeps, keep an eye out for it.

'I am The Gay of the village'.

One funny moment last night, dealt with them wanting to get a 'gay' perspective, or columnist, to contribute. I had already stated why I there for the pop culture thing, but at the final round of idea storming, I told them I could take the 'gay' thing.

It was funny because it felt like I had just come out to a group of strangers.

No big whoop though. [I'm pretty sure they're all straight].

Quick plug, 303 Magazine and MySpace are having a Christmas party next week, Friday December 8th, at DC-10. It's invite only before 10 PM, but open to the public after that.




Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger HED said...

Congrats! It's funny how things work out. I've never seen the mag, but I'll check it out next time I'm in Colo.

December 01, 2006  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Thanks!!

December 01, 2006  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Nice work kid! That's so exciting! You have to send me copies.

December 02, 2006  
Blogger James said...

Hook a brotha up! I'll be the Aurora field office or something. I work for cheap too. Potato chips and/or pickles will do.

December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com