Monday, January 29, 2007

He Said, She Said



As 303 Magazine's token Gay Of The Village, I contribute to a piece called 'He Said, She Said'. It's a great concept. Each issue, a question is asked, and answered from three points of view: a guy's, a girls, and a gay guys. The March issue question, and my response is:
How Long Do You Wait to Call After You First Get the Phone Number

This depends on whether I asked for the number, or was given it. If I asked for it, I would not want to appear too clingy, or needy, in the early stages. But then again, things can change quickly, so it's best to move fast.

I would follow up no sooner than two days from getting the number. Some may say that is too soon, but it is best to keep your encounter, fresh in the mind of your potential partner. This also helps, in cases where numbers were exchanged in the presence of alcohol. Sadly, I have many numbers in my phone, and I have no idea who these people are.

If I was given the number, unsolicited, I would call the next day just to say 'hi'. Again, you don't want to appear too needy, thus, the call should be chill, and laid back. Something along the lines of, 'it was great meeting you, and let's do something in the near future'. I think it's best to not try and make immediate plans from the get go. A relaxed approach helps spark interest, from the potential partner. Most guys like 'the thrill of the hunt', so a little mystery can be a good thing.





1 Comments:

Blogger HED said...

Love the Little Britain reference. Daffyd would be proud!

January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com