Thursday, January 25, 2007

People are stoopid.



'Just wanted you to know that your article on microwaving sponges and scrubbers aroused my interest. However, when I put my sponge/scrubber into the microwave, it caught fire, smoked up the house, ruined my microwave, and pissed me off,' one correspondent wrote in an e-mail to Reuters.

'First, the sponge is worthless afterwards so you have to throw it out instead of using it. And second your entire house stinks like a burning tire for several hours, even with windows/doors open,' complained another.

One reader wrote to tell MSNBC.com, "When I tried it, my sponge caught on fire. It had been in the microwave for less than two minutes on full power. There were flames and when I poured water on the sponge it was totally charred. I just wanted to let you know that the article might need to have a warning about this danger!"

Aaron Hoover, a press officer at the University of Florida, said several other news organizations received similar complaints, although no one had complained directly to the university.

'We figured, 'Wow, we better let people know right away that the sponge should be wet,'' Hoover said in a telephone interview.'

People, only zap wet sponges to kill germs



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com