Thursday, March 29, 2007

So that's why he was on the show.




A quick two-step with Robbie Williams at 'Dancing With the Stars'

'Wondering what freshly rehabbed Robbie Williams was doing sitting in the audience for Dancing with the Stars last night? So were we, and because we just happened to be there, taking in all the frilly and fluorescent glory of no fewer than 11 competing couples, we went straight to the source to find out.

EW: What brings you out tonight, Robbie?

Robbie Williams: Well, I've met Joey [Fatone] quite a few times before. He's a really lovely guy. And I love rubbish television. So he and I were out in the same place last week [Hollywood hotspot Les Deux], and I thought I'd combine my liking Joey with my liking crap television by visiting both of the same time.

EW: Any idea what the reaction has been in England to Heather Mills being on the show?

RW: I honestly don't know. I've been living here for the last few years.

EW: But the show is popular in the UK, right?

RW: I know it was massive three years ago, and today, it was exciting as well. I wouldn't mind checking out American Idol myself.

EW: Did you ever have a chance to work with Simon Cowell?

RW: No, but I've met him a few times and I like him. Simon was quoted as saying, "Britney Spears and Robbie Williams just need to get their s--- together and go spend a few weeks with their mothers." He's usually right about things, he's probably right about that.

EW: How are you doing post-rehab?

RW: It's going really good. I got the train back on the track. I've been sober since February 13. Almost two months and look at me, I'm brand spanking new again!

EW: You're not releasing your latest album, Let's Swing Again, in the US. Why?

RW: I decided about four albums ago that I like living here. I get to be Batman by day. I've gotten to the point where I'm famous enough to enjoy my celebrity and do fun stuff without all the crap that goes with it. And it would be insane to invite what I have in the rest of the world into this country, so I'm not gonna bother promoting or releasing records here.

EW: So it was a life decision that didn't really have to do with your career?

RW: Absolutely, and I don't regret it.

It's worth noting that, some three hours later, Robbie was back at Les Deux again for the Tudors premiere party. There, he was spotted in deep conversation with Lindsay Lohan, perhaps offering his own post-rehab tips?'

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

"I've gotten to the point where I'm famous enough to enjoy my celebrity and do fun stuff without all the crap that goes with it. And it would be insane to invite what I have in the rest of the world into this country, so I'm not gonna bother promoting or releasing records here."

Don't get me wrong, I am a Robbie Williams fan, but everybody knows he failed at fame here multiple times and doesn't want to embarass himself by releasing another album stateside, particularly a swing album, which would no doubt flop. Nice try covering it up though!

March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com