Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Roommate From Hell

* Looking for FEMALE ROOMATE ONLY

* I am shortly getting cats and do not want any additional pets brought in

* I prefer to keep the common spaces clean and clutter-free at all times - how you keep your bedroom is up to you but the spaces we share must be respected please

* If you cook, please be prepared to clean up after yourself and do dishes the same night - waking up to someone else's dirty dishes or post-cooking mess is a pet hate that I'd rather not have to deal with ever again

* I have a creative workspace in the apartment in addition to my bedroom

* You must be outgoing and sociable - i.e. not come home every night and go straight to the couch. Same for weekends.

* There is a hookup for cable TV in the bedroom so if you're a TV addict you should have a TV and like watching in your bedroom as much as the common room. No living room television-addicts.

* If you're in a relationship I'd rather not have your partner over more than a couple of days a week - and if you're single, sleepovers are obviously fine but at the same frequency

* No smokers of cigarettes (even if you do it outside) and no alcoholics (even if you are recovering)

* No bathroom hogs! I spend 20 minutes most mornings at around 8-ish - so if you need the bathroom at around the same time and/or like to spend more than 30 minutes in the mornings, it will eventually piss me off

* Would prefer someone who enjoys mostly or at least some of the same music (indie, rock, electronic, motown - really everything except mainstream pop/hip-hop, metal, opera and classical). I do play music in the common room, when I'm at my desk and working on projects. I'm willing to negotiate common room musical choices, but this is infinitely easier if musical tastes are mostly on the same page.

* I prefer someone who doesn't have screamy telephone conversations outside their bedroom.

* The room is unfurnished but everywhere else in the apartment already is sufficiently furnished - so candidates whose posessions are mostly confined to the available bedroom would be much preferred.

All these things are non-negotiable, so please do not contact me with questions or pleas for leniency...

Other than the above I am looking for a female who is drama-free, able to handle any issues maturely/diplomatically, willing and able to pay bills on time and willing to share in the cost for cleaning/maintenance supplies for the apartment.

I have a very full life and am looking for someone who has a full life with friends and social events too - ultimately we'll need to get along, but ideally want someone independent to co-habit with but lead separate lives.'

Gawker via Craigslist

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

Ugghh.

April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com