Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm a big fan of the word 'retarded'.



Not in a derogatory make-fun-of-the-mentally-challenged 'retarded'.

More along the lines of the French word 'retard', meaning 'delayed' or 'lateness'.

Basically, something that is odd, or full of nonsense.

But I read somewhere on some blog the term 'touched in the head', and I love it.

I think I will begin using this term when discussing people who aren't playing with a full deck.

Like crazy needs-to-peel-off-stickers-on-the-bus guy, who occasionally rides my route.

I think he's touched in the head.

For the entire bus ride, he will sit there and completely pull off the announcement stickers, and then work dilligently to re-apply the sticker, and lovingly push all the air bubbles out.

The thing is, everytime he rides I say to myself, 'remember to sit in the back of the bus next time he rides'.

The problem is, he rides so infrequently, that it's not until his sticker fetish is underway, do I remember him.

People are freaks.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

You never heard touched in the head before?

June 21, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Surprisingly, no.

June 21, 2007  
Blogger Red Seven said...

The word "retarded" makes for good comedy, but it was pointed out to me that, for someone with mental illness in their family, "That's so retarded" hurts just as much as "That's so gay" might annoy me.

So now I say, "I think he's off his meds," which ... when you think about it, isn't any better. "Touched in the head" might be the new thing.

June 24, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You're just retarded AND gay.

Kidding.

:)

June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com