Friday, July 27, 2007

Semi-Ghetto Chef



I haven't been grocery shopping in weeks, and that became a problem last night.

I got a case of the munchies.

I never buy snack foods since I nibble [nibble...I love that word] over the course of the entire day, so I am not usually hungry when I am at home.

But last night my belly rumblings could not be abated.

So I look in the fridge, and besides some juice and condiments, I really had nothing I could quickly make.

I did have hot dog buns though, and some of this awesome European Style imported butter [don't ask].

So I grabbed those and some asiago cheese, and made mini-cheese sticks on my Griddler.

Oh man, were they good.

Just slapped a bit of butter on it, topped with asiago, and gave it a quick pressing in the Griddler.

Figured I'd share with anyone else who has a problem keeping the fridge stocked.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

I sometimes get up in the middle of the night and "eat" walk.

It's like sleep walking and eating at the same time.

I usually don't remember doing it.

July 27, 2007  
Blogger blythe said...

i totally have european butter in the fridge. you are not alone.

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

When I was on Ambien, I used to get up in the middle of the night and make food and eat it, all while still asleep.

In fact, I actually OD'd on it one time because I took the whole bottle while I was asleep.

Scary stuff.

Never taking it again.

And European style butter is the shizz.

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Claystation said...

My friend David's fridge is always jam packed full of stuff. He lives alone. I don't get it. Either I eat way too much, or he shops way too much.

My firdge is ALWAYS empty and I go food shopping about once a week. I've tried to stock the fridge up, but it never seens to really ever be full.

July 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com