Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Today In - 'Closet Case'



I'm thinking this may be a new feature.

Clinton over at ZFS was asking if it was ok to like The Dresden Dolls, and reading the comments, it made me wonder about which musical act/songs people are in the closet for being a fan of.

So first up, for me: Ace of Base - 'Don't Turn Around'.

Ok, so I LOATHED Ace of Base when they came out, mostly for the part that their songs were inane, and played ad nauseum on the radio.

However, now as an adult, whenever I hear the Base, I get instantly transported back to the early 90's, when I was a youngin'.

This song in particular reminds me of when I was living in NYC on $20 a week, and was hating the whole NYC experience.

A big factor in that was it snowed like a blizzard every week, and it was Arctic-like freezing.

Plus, I had really sloppy roommates in my dorm.

I really questioned my decision to go to NYU, and couldn't wait to get home.

All these years later, I look back now at that period with fondness because I had SO LITTLE responsibility back then.

No mortgage, no job....all I had to do was homework and study!

Good times.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

Oooh. I really like this new feature.

One of my CC bands would be these guys. There was literally one summer my BFFs and I listened to their first CD over and over.

And over.

August 29, 2007  
Blogger FrancesDanger said...

I already admitted to Roxette over at ZFS, but I'll add Mindless Self Indulgence and Juice Newton.

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Lioux - I've heard of them, but not their actual music.

HolyGirl - Juice Newton!? Ack.

Just don't call me angel, you know, of the morning angel.

August 29, 2007  
Blogger FrancesDanger said...

I dare you to listen to "Play with the Queen of Hearts" and not snap your fingers. Seriously.

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

There's no way.

I loathe, loathe, loathe the Juice.

August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com