Friday, December 07, 2007

I smell metal.



And that's actually a good thing.

A rep for Bond No. 9 hooked me up with some samples of their fragrance line.

I had tried a two of them before at Saks, and was actually not impressed.

Since there were so many bottles, I didn't know which two I smelled, but remembered being put off because they were so flowery.

Many of their scents are unisex, but there are definitely some girlie ones like Bryant Park and Chinatown.

Turns out, the fragrances I didn't like, were included in the samples I got: Fire Island, and the aforementioned Bryant Park.

Oh, Bond names their fragrances after New York locales by the way.

I haven't got to it yet, but I have a sample of Coney Island, whose name cracks me up because I wonder what that is going to smell like.

Coney Island, at least in my mind, doesn't exactly conjure up images of fresh sea breezes and lemonade stands.

Tangent!

Actually, I found it kind of funny that I didn't like Fire Island being a big 'mo and what with the name of it and all, but it has tuber rose and white musk in it, which totally makes my sinuses hurt, and gives me an instant headache.

Luckily, the other samples don't have those two scents in them.

One of the best ones is Silver Factory.

It's the first in a new line of scents that Bond is working in collaboration with The Andy Warhol Foundation.

First off, it has notes of citrus.

You can definitely smell the lavender [one of Andy's favorite scents I'm told] and the bergamot.

As it begins to finish, it mellows into a nice spicy concoction.

It's here that you can smell the iris that gives it the metallic smell.

Finally, once it finishes, it has a nice warm woody base.

It's definitely unique, and doesn't smell like anything else out there [at least from what I have smelled] which is a popular problem among fragrances today.

My other favorites are the Nuits de Noho, which smells like a more green and grassy Angel [one of my fave scents of all time], and Wall Street, which reminds me of John Varvatos, but with a twist.

I'm totally getting Wall Street as my gift to me this Christmas.

One last thing I must say, I was very impressed by the design of the samples/kit I got.

They all came wrapped up like candy, which is cool, well, unless you have children in the house.

But the overall branding and package design is great, and I like that they have a sense of humor.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com