Friday, March 17, 2006

Trephining

Jack FM just played 'Plush' by Stone Temple Pilots. Everytime I hear that song it reminds me of going to New York to check out NYU with my buddy Chris Sanson [wonder what ever happened to him]. That song was on heavy rotation everywhere and was unescapable.

It also reminded me of how everytime I hear it and Scott is singing 'To find it, to find it', I used to hear my own version in my head. He was instead singing 'Trephining, Trephining'. Which adds a new layer to the song.

What's funny about trephining is I remember exactly where I learned that word. It was in my high school Psychology class and the teach was talking about how people used to practice it. Now it also reminds me of the Stranger's With Candy episode 'Is My Daddy Crazy?'


From Dictionary.com

tre·phine
n.
A surgical instrument having circular, sawlike edges, used to cut out disks of bone, usually from the skull.

1 Comments:

Blogger Killbot said...

Um, this is really weird, I just did a blog search for my name (i wanted to see if any music blogs had been featuring my music recently) and this came up. I say it's weird because my name is Chris Sanson and I have a music project based around the concept of Trepanation called Trepans (http://www.myspace.com/trepans)

Strange eh......

August 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com