Monday, June 05, 2006

The 'I Hate Natalie Merchant Fan Club'



The other day Helen posted about her feelings about Natalie Merchant. Helen's site is always funny and snarky, and the people who comment on it are as well. This one cracked me up:

Helen: Here and Now

I decided today that I definitely hate Natalie Merchant. Between that phony nasal drone and the pretentious I-went-to-art-school-to-piss-off-my-parents lyrics, she can totally fuck off.

In other news, Kurt Cobain is dead, and O.J. Simpson killed his wife.

I am nothing if not completely in touch with today's relevant issues.
posted by Helen the Felon at 3:19 PM

And my favorite comment:

js said...

I remember seeing Natalie Merchant signing with Michael Stipe at an REM concert in Buffalo 86/87? Someone told me she was Michael's New Girlfriend, and I believed them.

A few years back I saw her on a VH1 show, where she was talking about the person who got her into music. She mentioned a special teacher she had that totally helped her start singing. And then in an afterthought she said, I should really thank her for that.

Duh. That has become one of are favorite lines whenever we are being too self involved and asking way too much of someone. I should really thank you for that.

12:10 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com