Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This deserves it's own post.

In my inbox:

'The person killed is my sister. The person airlifted is my mom. My mom is still in ICU in Wyoming. It is still touch and go. The stretch of road in Thermopolis is lined with crosses.

It is a narrow, uneven stretch of road. It is not a regular stretch of road. It was a freak accident that is sad all around. I am just devastated by it all, most devastating is that my sister was a generous, kind person who treated others well and volunteered for many charities.

She doesn't deserve to be remembered by glib little comments made by folks who do not know the whole story! How about finding out about a person before you post something.

Kathy Pena'


She did not leave an email address for a response, so this is it. While I chalk up her reaction to the post as a result of her loss, and feel sorry for the incident and its effects, she totally misread my post.

I was not being 'glib'. I merely stated a fact that indeed, our Driver's Ed class told us to NOT brake, or swerve, for small animals because they can cause fatal accidents. I even commented that the incident was 'sad'. In fact, that's the only reason why I posted that article in the first place.

I hardly think I was being 'glib', and I can be glib, believe me.


4 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

I don't think you were being glib at all but I get why she may have misunderstood what you were trying to get across. Anger is part of the grief process.

In any event Kathy if you read this I'm sorry for your loss.

August 17, 2006  
Blogger James said...

Glib? Matt Lauer's glib. This wasn't glib.

If Kathy read more of your blog she would see the obvious lack of snark in the post. You even sound sad! Still, it's interesting she found your blog.

But man...I hope I never get on the news.

August 17, 2006  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I was going to make a Tom Cruise/Matt Lauer comment in response to her email, but I thought that would be 'glib'.

Thanks James!

Am I the only one, that thinks trying to replicate comment moderation should be the new breath-alyzer. Dayum. They make it all complicated and shite.

August 17, 2006  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Now, that might be glib. Damn's internets.

August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com