Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Finally!



Yay! Cook's Fresh market on 16th Street Mall is finally open. I stopped by on my way home last night to check it out.

For some odd reason, I had a craving for seasoned potatoes, so I stopped by to see. if indeed, I can use this place to do my food shopping as, I needed to get some taters to prepare later.

It's tiny, but has lots in stock. They're frozen appetizers looked amazing. They do have produce, but it's only out in limited display. Luckily, the owner guy, Ed Janos, saw I was looking for something, and was able to get me my taters from the back.

Everyone on staff seemed super-friendly, but I am sure that is just opening day mentality. The place definitely had a lot of lookie-loos, but it wasn't overly crowded.

On my way to check out, I passed their cold prep food items. Yum. Lots to choose from. Ended up just getting a half pint of citrus vinaigrette beet salad.

So I check out, and my total is $2.83 [!]. The beets were $2.25 alone, so I was surprised it wasn't more. Are taters that cheap?

I plan on sampling most of their stuff over the next few weeks. Tonight I have my thoughts set on the lobster ravioli I saw in one of the cases.

I'm stoked they're open, because I am kinda fickle when it comes to food, and instead of having to go to the supermarket and stock up in bulk each week, I can buy as I need things.

Plus, it will be fresher, since it won't be sitting in my fridge for a week [that is if it makes it at all, before spoiling]. It's like the European style of shopping: on a day to day basis.

They also have perfect hours; they're open until 8 PM. [Closed on Sundays]. The people who live in 1600 Glenarm above are lucky. Like their webpage says, it's like having a Dean and Deluca in your building. I'm jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com