Sunday, November 26, 2006

Real World Denver - The Premiere



So first up, those kids can't hold their liquor. Sheesh. Hooking up the first night?

Kids, you're at a higher altitude, and will get drunk quicker.

I get a sense of another 'Las Vegas' season here.

As for the editing, it looked like Alex hooked up the next night with Jenn, but there was some discrepency in the editing before that.

When the girls are out on the patio dishing about Alex, Colie makes a comment of, 'I dug him on the first night'.

According to the show, this was chronologically the second day. So why would she say, 'the first night', if it was just the night prior?


I don't think they hooked up the first two nights. Maybe that week; but that's it.

The pizza in the oven leading to Colie finding out about Alex and Jenn was funny.

Especially, them thinking if they separate, and 'play dead', it would all be ok.


Stephen is kind of a punk, but we didn't get to see much of him. We'll have to see if he stays the token religious boy on the show.

Brooke's cute, but the acccent might get tiresome. I love that she was upset that she thought there weren't any gay guys in the house. [I think I saw her buying beers with Davis at Pride].

Tyrie looks like he may be trouble.

Davis is cute, but there's something off-putting about him. Maybe it is a side effect of my run in with him this summer, but there's something about him that's 'off'. He sure loves that baby blue polo shirt. In most pics I see of him, and at Pride, he was wearing it. You could almost make a drinking game out of it: take a shot each time he is seen in that shirt.

Speaking of the summer, it was indeed Alex and Colie I ran in to, at the Foxhole. She was the one who took her shirt off. I also think, the big black guy, may have been Tyrie. I'll have to check the show for tats.

Denver looks good. Although, the house is cringeworthy, and having Jenn and Tyrie go to the house in a horse buggy, doesn't exactly change our cow town image.

Finally, Alex is cute, and a nice guy, but I wouldn't have pegged him as the type to have girls dropping their unmentionables around him.

Looks like this season could go either way; drama and skanky like Vegas, or semi-trashy and boring, like Chicago.

TV Gasm has a cute recap here.





2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

After that first episode, I don't know if I can watch anymore. That Alex dude isn't that hot. Jenn and Collie, though....eww. I think their motivation either had to do with the fact that they're both skanks or Alex was the only white str8 dude in the house. Nasty.

The most interesting thing is going to be the queer Christian frat boy. But I'm not sure I can wade through skankiness to watch that.

November 26, 2006  
Blogger Red Seven said...

I haven't watched THE REAL WORLD since the very first season (how long ago was that, anyway??!!), so I'm not sure if they ever had a DC version -- did they? Anyway, I don't think I'd be very inclined to watch.

I was in Denver for the Out & Equal Conference in '05. Definitely not a cow town.

November 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com