Monday, February 12, 2007

Ten thousand songs, and nothing to listen to.



I am almost at the end of a six month project to get all my CDs transferred to digital media. At last count, I have 10k songs in my library. This doesn't include my cassette tapes, and vinyl.

Say the average length of a song is three minutes. Times 10k, you get 30k minutes.

Divide 30k minutes by 60 to get the amount of hours this is: 500 hours.

500 hours divided by 24 [to get days]: 20.8333.

So, it would take me almost 3 weeks of listening to music 24/7 to go through my entire catalogue.

Interesting.


1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Sweet collection. I have about half that...

I'm very selective with my music choice. From what I can see, you're the same... if I'm going by your choice of music videos on your blog...

Sweet

February 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com