Monday, March 26, 2007

Ironically, I'm addicted to a show, about addiction.



No matter how bad I think I have it, all I have to do is watch A&E's 'Intervention', to make me feel better about myself.

Last night I watched an episode where this guy was addicted to OxyContin. It's amazing what the show gets away with.

During one point, we see 'Ryan', go in to a restaurant's restroom, and cook and shoot up. How did no one in the restaurant think it was fishy, that a camera guy followed a kid in to the bathroom?

We then see Ryan bitch and moan, about getting his next fix for the next 30 minutes.

The family starts the intervention, only after getting Ryan's step-dad to admit he has a drinking problem, too, and needs to get rehab help.

Ryan agrees to go, but as we find out at the end of the show, he gets kicked out of one facility, and disappears from the second one, after not returning from visiting his girlfriend.

I like how every episode doesn't always end on a happy note.

There was this one where this ex-gym teacher was addicted to meth. She lived with [antagonized] her mom. That episode made me think how scary it is, that you could pop out a kid, and then have to deal with a drug addict. Yikes.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com