Thursday, June 07, 2007

Big Project



A little insight to Big Daddy's life:

So, Big Project is underway.

I had to stop all I was doing, because it's a huge project that needed attention to detail. Why? Because of the financial and personal implications if I missed something.

Big Project for The Corporation, required me to scrub large amounts of data, break it down to individual maintenance windows, and cross reference for contact information. Sounds sexier than it is.

With so much manipulation of data, it's easy to miss stuff.

And that has major implications as I stated before.

If I were to miss a bit if data, or yikes!, a customer, that could potentially cost The Corporation hundreds of thousands of dollars in Penalties, and quite possibly result in Termination.

As many of The Corporation's customers are huge, multi-national companies, and various government entities, if I happened to miss advising them of The Project, there would be major drama.

I have already received a response from one government entity that they are under a moratorium during the period the window has been scheduled [!].

Blegh.

Let the fun of reschedules and coordination between various peoples begin!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com