Monday, August 13, 2007

'Happy epiploic appendage!



May you not have plumbism.'*

Went to a wedding reception for an old high school friend over the weekend, and somehow me and my friend Sarah, got into this debate of what an epindectomy is.

I said it sounded familiar, but I think she was confusing it with appendectomy.

We went rounds on this until finally the bride [my friend], went and got one of the wedding party, who happened to be a physician.

So we asked him if there is such a thing as an epindectomy, and he said no, but then went on tell us about epiploic appendages.

There is a procedure to remove these when they became tumor ridden, but it is not called an epindectomy.

The funny thing is that he being an older gentleman, he was really taken back that these two whippersnappers, were having such a discussion, at a wedding.

Then we somehow got on the topic of the periodic table of elements, and out of nowhere, I remembered that pb is the label for lead.

So the doc begins quizzing me on the periodic table, and I was amazed how much I remembered.

I was also amazed of how much of a geek I am.

He was cool, though, and we talked for a bit.

Just goes to show, you never know when you might learn something new.

* That is what I actually wrote in the guest book. Ha. My friend, the bride, found it funny.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ACH said...

Hey there, I just found this post while studying for an A&P quiz, and it made me laugh--hopefully I'll remember epiploic appendages now! Thanks for that--have a great day!

April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com