Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kristine W wouldn't let me take a shower.



To this day I still kind of resent her for it.

Picture it, Pride '97.

I had been up all week partying, and helping to get the club set up for the big Sunday night.

It's Sunday, 4 in the afternoon.

99 degrees with nary a cloud in the sky.

My skin turning a nice shade of salmon pink.

I had just spent all day at the Festival selling tickets for the show.

I get to the club and can't wait to use the shower in the office [don't ask].

But I can't.

Because Miss W has commandeered the second floor as her 'green room'.

I was all dirty, sweaty and tired, and this sent me over the edge.

I was livid and threw a major hissy fit.

It was like expecting to be granted access to heaven, but then brutally stopped and sent back down to toil away in my circle of hell.

Luckily my boss let me sneak in during her sound-check.

I was much better once shaved and showered, and was able to work the rest of the night.

That is until after we closed down and found out..... we weren't done!

We had to break down Miss W's stage and audio too.

We were there until 8 AM Monday morning.

Talk about a Pride from hell.

Yes, it's been 10 years, and I still resent her.


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Alienwhere said...

THAT is some major-league bullshit. No one is so special that he/she can deny other people a shower. No way. No way.

Sleep soundly in the fact that although the rest of the job was total crap, you got that shave/shower. That can make all the difference sometimes.

Who knows? Maybe that bit of self-preservation staved off a sweaty, rage-fueled killing spree?!

August 29, 2007  
Blogger M- Filer said...

god that sucks...i would resentn that bullshit too. i always liked her music though

August 29, 2007  
Blogger lioux said...

Nobody holds grudges better than gay men.

August 30, 2007  
Blogger Howard said...

She's a bitch and Lioux is so right.

August 30, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Ha.

August 31, 2007  
Blogger Scooter said...

Shew just dropped 3 levels in Scooters' Book of Divadom!
And that's a bad thing!!!

April 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com