Thursday, August 23, 2007

Now it's bugging me.



A friend of mine asked me why restroom doors alway open in; meaning why they don't swing out so that you can exit without having to touch the germ-laden door handle.

As far as I know, doors swing in due to traffic flow.

You don't want a door swinging out in to a hallway, because it could smack a passer-by in the face.

But then I started wondering if there is actually a building standard that restroom doors swing in, rather than out.

I have seen handicapped and unisex bathrooms that the door swing out, but not regular public restrooms.

Does it have to do with locking the door for privacy?

The mind wonders....or at least mind does.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

The restroom doors here at Company, Inc. swing out.

August 24, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

But do they open to a high traffic area?

August 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com