Tuesday, October 23, 2007

2x365

Originally you were my boss, yet somehow we began hanging out, outside of the office; even after we ended up in different departments.

Then we kind of lost touch, but eventually, you began to run in some of the same social circles as I.

Which was kind of interesting at first, because I never pegged you as the club/rave type.

As a result, we became closer than we were when we worked together.

Over the next few years, you became one of the few people to ever call me on my shite.

I used to get away with murder, but you weren't having it.

This was great at times, but no so much others; especially when we really went at it [fought].

I must say though, that I still knew that I could rely on you [like when I OD'd].

I will always remember that, and thank/respect you for that.

That and your almost identical sense of humor as mine.

Alas, you moved away, and we have intermittent contact, but I know for a fact a lot of what we talked about gave me a better perspective on things and allowed me to grow as a person [for the most part - ha ha].

365






Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I know this one too...

October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com