Sunday, January 20, 2008

Scenes From Public Transport

Morning Leg:



This is the lovingly bleak concrete and terra-cotta holding pen that is known as Market Street Station.

It's quite the sight when you are half-awake, hating life, and longing for the caffeine to kick in.



Departure.

I hear they're opening a Starbucks inside of this Starbucks.

Night - First Leg



Tunnel under the interstate.



I like how the lights from passing cars and trucks streak.



Alternate shot.



The Librarian.



I have regaled myself to the fact that I will probably never get a non-wobbly shot of her.

No book today.



'Bye Librarian Lady!



This left me with what appeared to be a common street thug, but was actually just an older gentleman with a penchant for Raiders gear.



Purple Nurples!



I hate this chick.

It's this morbidly overweight woman who walks around with one of those walkers that also doubles as a chair.

It's candy apple red no-less.

I hate her because once I was running late and needed to know if the '2' had come by yet.

So I ask her 'Excuse me, has the 2 come by yet?'

[Dead silence.]

I ask again, 'Has the 2 already come by?'

Again dead silence, but this time she acknowledges my presence, but just stares at me blankly with a look like I was some magical unicorn that suddenly appeared with a smurf on my back.

'Hel-loooo. Has the 2 come by yet' I ask, now perturbed.

Again, she continues to look at me without making a word or any sense of effort to.

'Bitch', I think to myself.

So I go and ask someone else.

Seconds later, when the '1' comes by, and suddenly she turns in to Chatty Kathy and begins some lively banter with the driver.

This proved she wasn't a deaf mute.

'F'n bitch' I mutter under my breath.

To this day, the sight of her irks my soul.

[The 2 hadn't come, by the way...score!]

Night- Second Leg:




Whua?

I didn't know Darth Vader was a patron of Public Transport.

Hmmm, learn something new each day.



Oops.

Random shot.

I love these shoes though.

Even though I swore I would never buy a pair of Sketchers again.

The last pair I had, had a nail come through the inside of the shoe.



Had the bus to myself for quite a while until this guy boarded.

My first thought:

'Man is he pink!'

Seriously, his skin is so fair and light, it looks like he can get a sunburn just by opening the refrigerator.

I gave him a 4.



Why does the back of the bus always have to be so ghetto?

Someone tagged this window by scraping their handle in the glass.



I couldn't help but see a figure in the tag.

Kind of reminds me of Buffalo Void's avatar.



What's that!?

It's Pat!

Also known as 'Man Woman'.

I am 90% sure that this person is transgendered.

Either that or a really feminine looking dude.

Or a boyish chick with a facial hair problem.

She/he gets off on my stop so once warmer weather comes along, I should be able to identify which is the case.



The night the lights went out in Georgia.



Randomly, lights on half of the bus went off.

It gave me a different view of Pasty Pink Boy.



Pat shuffling off home.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com