Monday, March 10, 2008

This Is Your Brain On OCD



A while ago, I got this wild hair about getting rid of all of the wire hangers in my closets.

So I have slowly but surely been swapping out the wire ones for some ash wood ones.

Well, I was finishing up one closet last night, when my OCD kicked in.

For the next two and half hours, I went through all my clothes, editing out the stuff to give to charity, and organizing it by color and short/long sleeve.

Who knew a mere swapping out of hangers would turn in to a big ol' project.

It's not like I didn't have other stuff to do.

But my brain was getting all shnizzed up, and wouldn't let me not finish.

I hate it when that happens.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joey J said...

I did the EXACT same thing in November. It's really liberating while you're totally locked in your OCD prison. A dichotomy of sorts if you will.

March 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do this every other season. i switched to wood hangers a long time ago, while poodle still likes wire.

also, i don't think you need any more khakis.

March 10, 2008  
Blogger Liöüx said...

I do these types of things too.

March 11, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Shirley: Ha ha. Those are just my dress pants in that closet. I have a whole 'nother bunch oh jeans and pants in an armoire.

Lioux: I hate it when I have an episode because I get all irritated/stressed out.

March 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com