Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This is totally me.



The disorder, not the picture.

'Often, people with the disorder report that they cannot sleep until early morning, but they fall asleep at about the same time every "night", no matter what time they go to bed.

Unless they have another sleep disorder such as sleep apnea in addition to DSPS, patients can sleep well and have a normal need for sleep.

Therefore, they find it very difficult to wake up in time for a typical school or work day.

If, however, they are allowed to follow their own schedule, e.g. sleeping from 4 a.m. to noon, they sleep soundly, awaken spontaneously, and do not feel sleepy again until their next "night".

The syndrome usually develops in early childhood or adolescence,[1] and sometimes disappears in adolescence or early adulthood.

It can be to a greater or lesser degree treatable depending on the severity, but has not yet been found to be fully curable. Prevalence among adults, equally distributed as to gender, is approximately 0.15% or three in 2000.'

If it wasn't for work, left to my own devices, I would fall asleep naturally around 2 AM and wake up at 10.

That's what usually happens on the weekends.

But if I do that, it throws off my sleep schedule for the week, and I end up being late to work, groggy, cranky, and plain just feel like shite until my cycle gets reset.

Maybe I should go back to bartending.

That's the only job that would fit my schedule.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Or move to Europe. That's what I think about my sleep schedule when it's allowed to settle into a nature rhythm.

July 30, 2008  
Blogger Alienwhere said...

Well, add me this list. That's been a problem for me for-freaking-ever.

July 31, 2008  
Blogger vivavavoom said...

I think it also goes by the name
lingeringclubitis. It is seen mostly around the ages of 16-26, but if not stopped by 30, it becomes chronic.

July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com