Thursday, September 11, 2008

So.....



My mom just informed me that she wants to come out for a visit in the next few weeks.

I'd rather she not.

You see, I don't really like my family.

A little background.....

My grandparents on her side died before I turned five.

My mom and her sister [my aunt] were both adopted.

My mom has no desire to find out who her birth parents are [which pisses me off because I would like to know what genetic oriented issues I have inherited from her side].

My mom and aunt have a total love/hate relationship which means I rarely hung out with her or my cousin.

I stopped talking to my dad at age 11 and have been estranged from that side of the family ever since.

Actually, my grandparents on that side died a few years back and I didn't find out until like two years afterwards.

Me and my brother are exact opposites and hated each other growing up.

So needless to say, I don't have the same concept of family togetherness that the majority of people do.

I see my family as just a bunch of people that I just happened to be blood related with.

Also of note, my mom is a notorious Gemini and can become psycho at the drop of a hat.

She once told some famous hockey player, Peter Forsberg, to 'f-ck off' because she thought he gave me a funny look at a restaurant.

[Seriously, she's not familiar with the concepts of sarcasm or subtlety.]

Top all of this off with her reaction to me coming out, and she is pretty much emotionally dead to me.

While growing up, she had gay friends and spoke about tolerance and blah blah blah.

In fact, we used to hang out and do stuff with her 'mos.

So when I came out and she didn't talk to me for a month and then disappeared for the summer [she went to Texas without telling me or my brother on a total whim] that was it.

I graduated high school and moved to my own place a month later.

Now, she has never supported me with anything.

I have been working since age 11 and paid for all my stuff for school through the years.

Hell, I even put myself through college.

So this whole, wanting to be one-big-happy-family concept doesn't mean shiite to me.

I could really care less.

These days I rarely talk to her; only the occasional email here and there, and the requisite calls on the big holidays.

Last time I went down to visit her and my brother, it was hell as I had to bite my tongue because they have turned in to the biggest ignorant Texans you can picture.

My brother seriously believe that Barack Obama is a terrorist in disguise and is related to Osama Bin Laden.

So for her to come out here is more a pain in the ass then anything else.

I don't want to have to babysit her, much less let her stay with me.

I've offered to put her up in a hotel, but how much you wanna bet she is going to get all psycho-bitch about that?

[I'll keep you posted.]

So, yah, most of you might think I'm a bastard because, hey, it's my mom, right?

Well, too bad.

You didn't have to grow up living with a freakin' psycho and emotional terrorist.

P.S. - That felt good to vent.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger My adventures said...

We MUST be related!! I haven't spoken to my parents in 4 years, I finally just had enough... I completely understand!

September 11, 2008  
Blogger ayeM8y said...

Are you sure that you weren’t adopted? Cause you don’t seem to have the inherited hang-ups. You can have as many of my wonderful relatives…all you want…they would love you and feed you and pet you. By the way you totally deserve to have a closet filled with nice wooden hangers.

September 11, 2008  
Blogger Christopher said...

Wow! I had no idea.

You can always take a mini-vaycay & escape to L.A. you know.

::Bear Hugs::

September 12, 2008  
Blogger vivavavoom said...

I don't think you are a bastard AT ALL. Your mom and my psycho mom should do lunch!! together, alone, while we do lunch somewhere else, like in another state. I have been estranged from my mother for years and now it is a polite relationship...holidays, etc. Huge kudos to you for putting yourself through college. that is not easy at all. hang in there. maybe do the scared gay/democrat program and take her to all the more liberal hangouts so she will never come back.

and maybe hide all wire hangers while she is here!

September 14, 2008  
Blogger Miss Voodoo said...

i dont talk to my family either- and thanks for posting this Mommy Dearest pic- which is the EXACT movie we would compare my mom to - she was OCD with cleaning and we would act out the scene "no more wire hangers"!!!

September 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com