Friday, April 28, 2006

Poor-off



I lived on $20 a week when I lived in NYC. Geesh.

From Jane

'Like many writers (or musicians, or artists, etc), I moved to New York with a couple hundred bucks, a suitcase, and a dream (I used to joke "I still have the suitcase", but I actually don't because I lost it in a fire.)

I received no parental help other than the promise of a 1-way ticket home. Today my friend Darci (who does the comedy site
Kittenpants) and I were talking about our poor-er days and naturally fell into a familiar conversation: the Poor-Off.

Here's a transcript. (Note: we are well aware that our poverty was a choice and that we could have just gone home to Florida or Texas at any time.)'


Kittenpants: I managed to live my whole first year in NYC on $10/week for food

Lindsayism:
WOW.

Lindsayism:
I bow before you!

Lindsayism: Let's have a POOR OFF!!

Kittenpants:
I was so poor I sucked c*ck for toilet paper coupons

Lindsayism:
Darci, these are supposed to be REAL!

Lindsayism:
But I did steal toilet paper from my temp jobs. I have friends who still do that.

Kittenpants:
I stole every office supply imaginable

Lindsayism: Did you finally realize that you were never going to use a stapler at home? I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com