Thursday, August 17, 2006

Alisongate - Andy Speaks!



Andy, a VP of Programming for Bravo, has this to say about last night's Runway:

'I am not going to defend the decision last night by the judges. When I saw the rough cut of the episode I called Nina Garcia to ask her what the judges were thinking.

She told me how awful the dress looked going down the runway and how the panel all were disgusted by how the model looked from head to toe, and that it was Alison's fault for doing this to her model.

I am bummed out for the show that Alison is gone. She was one of my picks to go to fashion week. So the question becomes -- why choose Vincent over Alison? My answer is, "I don't know."

The naysayers today will say that Vincent is great TV and that's why he's still on. IS HE, though? Would you rather watch Vincent than Alison? I personally would not. If it were up to me, I would've gotten rid of Vincent in Episode One with that lampshade on the model.'

Andy's Blog



2 Comments:

Blogger yellow_mustard_girl said...

sweet baby jesus (wearing your little golden-fleeced diapers, watching your Baby Einstein development DVDs) I finally got some time to peruse your blog. Loooves it.
You could have just typed in series of 1's and pound signs and I would remain delighted. I like pictures. They don't remind me of my crushing adult illiteracy.

August 17, 2006  
Blogger d-town said...

OMG, two things:

1) YMG, LOVE the Talladega Nights reference. I nearly fell over in the floor laughing in the theater during that movie. It was like a caricature of a lot of what I grew up around (though no one in my immediate family is NASCARy).

2) As I've told several people over the past 24 hours, yes, Vincent is crazy and he sucks. However, there's always been someone who's created a design each episode that's just a little bit worse. This week, yeah, his did suck. But Kayne's was a total trainwreck, and Alison's made her model look like a female version of the Michelin man. His time will come. I think he's next unless someone else really screws up.

August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com