Thursday, April 26, 2007

It Pays To Look Down 2



On my way home last night, I found someone's ATM card just laying on the Mall sidewalk. Initially I walked past it, thinking 'too bad' for the person who lost it. But then, I remembered that I lost my ATM card earlier this week, and what a pain it has been without it.

So I turned back and picked it up.

I got home and did a web search on the dude's name.

Nothing.

Looked him up in the white pages.

Nothing.

I figured I'd give MySpace a shot since everyone and their gay uncle is on there.

There were two dudes with the same name.

I sent a message to both saying I called their bank and reported it lost, and that I was going to cut it up [which I did actually do].

Today I got an email from one of the guys expressing deep appreciation.

I know if someone found my card, I would rather have them do that, then use it and stuff.

I had to give him one piece of advice though; don't sign the back of the card! Put 'ask for ID' instead. You'd be surprised how many people actually check signatures now, with all the identity theft going around.

Previously: It Pays To Look Down


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger FrancesDanger said...

Aww, you're awesome.

April 26, 2007  
Blogger lioux said...

That was totally awesome of you.

Good Karma.

April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com