Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tagged!





Quaker Ono tagged me, so I have to post eight things about myself.

Since I did this back in February, and I have some new readers since then, I am going to include some new and old things.

While we're supposed to then tag an additional eight readers, I am going to decline, as I think I already know 'TMI' about my awesome, beautiful, readers.

Ya'll are naughty.

Ha!

So eight things about me:


- I fell out of a moving vehicle as a kid. I was playing with the door latch, and wasn't wearing a selt belt.

This was the early 80's when seatbelts weren't used.

I reached out to close the door, and tumbled out.

No injuries surprisingly.

Which brings me to my next thing:

- I am prone to injuring my face.

In first place, ahead of being punched by a New York City firefighter, the longest lasting injury has to be the time I fell on my face and incurred such a bad facial contusion, that I actually lost the layer that included the melanin, from my face.

In the right light, you can see my 'albino patch'.

Some say that injuries to the head, and face, are an Aries trait [which I am], and I am beginning to believe them.


- Speaking of facial contusions, I now have a fear of heights.

I never had a problem with them before, but now, I get dizzy when I even think of being in a tall structure. I think all the blows to the head, have compromised my sense of balance.


- I have never been in trouble with the law. However, I was pulled over one time because I fit the descpription of someone they were looking for.

- My mother was adopted, and she has no desire to find out about her bio-family, which leaves me with an unidentified ethnic background.

This screws me in the sense, that I have no idea what genetical, medical issues I have from her side.

Nor, an ethnic identity.

Which has seriously affected my perception on race, but that's for another post.

I do know that I am Navajo American Indian, and Latino, on my dad's side.

Which ended up giving me the Adult Acne curse.

It sucks.


Which brings me to the next thing:

- I am pretty sure I am developing body-dysmorphic issues.

Even though I am 125 pounds, and can fit in to a 28" waist, I still think I am fat.

I have pics of me when I was a whopping 140, and the sight of my big belly, totally touched my psyche.

I have always been a picky eater, and I think I never finish portions of food, due to this [in addition to my dad making me finish everything on my plate, as a kid, which I hated, and resultingly got punished for].

Add on top of this, what I called -- Tanorexia.

I tan to keep my acne under control, and while I am not trying to look like a Real Housewife From Orange County, I feel pasty white as a fish-belly.

- As a youth, I did every popular drug under the sun.

Granted, I never did anything that involved a needle, but besides heroin [as far as I know], and opium, I have pretty much popped it, smoked it, or snorted it.

I only bring this up as, I have seen some shows recently, that focus on how various drugs ruin lives, but that was not my experience.

In fact, I learned a lot from them.

I am proud to be a part of the near-Millenium Rave Culture Movement.

And, while, yes, I will concede that drugs CAN ruin a person's life, it enhanced mine.

It all depends on the addictive personality of the person.

Even though I experimented with various illegal, and legal, pharmaceuticals, I never had a habit.

I didn't need drugs to get through the course of the day.

And off the record, Ecstasy was my favorite.

So many stories, and lessons.

We should just dose the entire Middle East with that stuff, and finally resolve their shite.


Finally, since Quaker mentioned piercings in his.....

- At one point, I had two tongue piercings, a labret, and my nipple pierced.

Now, all I have left, is one single tongue piercing.

My first one.

And even though my dentist is concerned that it is making my gums recede in that area, I can't take it out.

It would be like losing a limb.

- And since tattoos were brought up in his comments, I have included the pic above of my tat.

It's my name in Arabic [Picture included above].

I got it before the whole 9.11 thing, and that ended up being weird.

After all of that, I had people look at me funny.

I originally got it because I think Arabic script is beautiful.

The squiggly and dramatic lines, I find visually stunning.

I have been planning to get an Aleph on my other arm to balance things out, but just haven't got around to it.

For those of you who don't know what an Aleph is, it is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. [Hence 'alphabet'].

This is as a statement to the whole concept of religion, and how it now affects our daily life.

I was born, and raised as a Roman Catholic, but eventually realized organized religion isn't for me.

[I was never an altar boy...but the Pope did visit my church].


So there you go.

Some new, and old, info about the person known as Big Daddy.

[P.S. - a new banner is coming soon!]












Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

- Both of my brothers are adopted.

- I, too, have Indian blood.

- 28" in my waist size.

- My labret and right nipple are pierced.

- The only tatt I have is a five pointed star on the back of my neck.

June 18, 2007  
Blogger Colleen said...

Nice! I'm glad to learn more about the online entity known as Big Daddy.
I think Arabic script is pretty, too.

June 18, 2007  
Blogger Christopher said...

Love love love the new banner....it's you Boo!

Kisses!

June 18, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Awesome! It was time for a change.

Thanks!!!

June 18, 2007  
Blogger QuakerJono said...

I have no idea what a labret is and I'm not completely sure I want to know. I do agree, however, that there is something compelling about Arabic script. Were I to totally geek out here, I'd say it looks like something an elf would write in, or possibly something a hobbit would have inscribed on a ring he and his life hobbit partner...life partner hobbit...demi-slave would then have to take back to the Mordor Mall because, when you put it on, it makes you feel invisible.

So, yes, in a way, 9/11 was a setback for gay hobbits everywhere.

June 19, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Labret:

A labret is one form of body piercing. Taken literally, it is any type of adornment that is attached to the facial lip (labrum). However, the term usually refers to a piercing that is below the bottom lip, above the chin.

Among the ancient Aztecs and Mayans labret piercing was reserved for male members of the higher castes.

June 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com