Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Coat



Over the weekend, I had to go on a shopping excursion with some peeps from the magazine to get ideas for upcoming issues.

It worked out because I had been planning to go to Cherry Creek for a while because I need to get a new winter coat.

We hit a couple of stores, but it wasn't until Neiman Marcus that I found The Coat.

It's this awesome wool and faux-fur blazer from John Varvatos.

It fit perfectly, and I wouldn't have to get it tailored.

One downside, it cost $900.

As we wandered to other stores, every other coat I came across couldn't compete with The Coat.

It kept nagging on me that I should get it, but my buddy Dave who was with us, couldn't believe that I was even contemplating to spend that much money on a coat.

[Seriously, he kept going on an on about it.]

My thoughts behind purchasing it was that it was an investment piece and should last me a while.

It's not too trendy that it will be out of style in less than a year.

Pretty much everyone else in our group thought I should get it.

I almost did actually, but the only thing holding me back was when I opened a Neiman's account, the counter lady said she had no way of knowing what my credit limit is [which I thought was weird].

So since I didn't know my limit, I didn't get the coat.

Neiman's only takes AMEX, Diners [who still uses Diners Club?], and their own store credit card.

So, I am waiting until I get my card in the mail to see what my limit is and I'll go from there.

So what do you guys think - is $900 too much to spend on a coat?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Ummmm...are you serious?...if the answer is YES, I may be proposing marriage soon...I do like the coat tho!

September 04, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Ha.

Yah, actually I am serious.

At least it's not the $5k Dolce and Gabbana coat I also had my eye on.

September 04, 2007  
Blogger FrancesDanger said...

Go for it. Life's too short to not wear 900.00 coats.

September 04, 2007  
Blogger Howard said...

Yes.

September 04, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Ha.

September 04, 2007  
Blogger Jim said...

If you want it. Get it.

My mother used to justify things with, "$1 per wearing." SO you'd only have to wear that 3 times a day for over a year and soon you'd be making money on it.

September 04, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I like your mom's way of thinking, Jim.

September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com