Sunday, November 25, 2007

Question...



I came across The History Of Rock And Roll over the weekend, and they mentioned the 'Lollapalooza Generation', and it got me to think, were/are we really a generation/movement?

We have sinced moved in to the workforce and are taking the place of our Baby Boomer parents, and older sibllings.

Did our older siblings get a name, because I know we were labeled as Gen X'ers.

So what's your thoughts?

Are we a cultural force?

What changes have we made in popular culture?

Discuss.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger joe*to*hell said...

we are a lost generation

we did not expand upon the previous generations gains

we are apathetic and lazy

we take shit for granted

and we will earn less and live less than our parents

November 25, 2007  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm with joe to hell. We're certainly not giving the greatest generation a run for their money. We're not running for much of anything. We act more entitled, I think. I'm at least glad we got to grow up in a time without the Internet. Now those pre-cable, pre-computer days seem pretty old fashioned. Now it's this new generation that will have 0 attention span. We may have fried out some of ours, but they're having flashing blaring toys and distractions from babyhood on.
I'll sign off because I sound like an old crank.

November 26, 2007  
Blogger Trevor Messersmith said...

I might sound a little post-postmodern polyanna here, but given how fast technology and culture moves now, I think it's hard to see how our generation is doing compared to previous generations.

While we might be more apathetic or jaded, there is a stronger sense of resilience in people our age than our parents' generation.

November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com