Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I walk by this every day.



I always wondered how they stayed in business because they're never busy and no one is ever around.

Drug, prostitution bust at Denver hotel

'DENVER – Police have five people in custody after an almost two month investigation at a Denver hotel.

Denver Police say they have been receiving complaints about drug use and prostitution at the 11th Avenue Hotel, located at 1112 Broadway, for several weeks.

On Tuesday, police went to the hotel with arrest warrants for 50 people. Five people were arrested and taken into police custody. Police also uncovered crack cocaine.

"Any time the neighbors call in and say they observe criminal activity, it must be pretty blatant – out in the open. Any type of drug dealing and prostitution is dangerous business," Police Chief Gerry Whitman said.

Police hope to make more arrests in the investigation.'

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

What kind of place is it? A Star Trek store?

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Ha.

That was a pic of this mannequin that this coffee house uses on Colfax - a street notorious for crime and prostitution.

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Ted said...

I've come across bloggers who are fiercely loyal to this place... or at least they SAY they are. It's pretty easy nowadays to drum up your own hype, using the internets.

I was only there once, and I won't usually pass judgement, good or bad, until I've been to a bean joint more than once - but my initial reaction was that it was just okay...

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Oh, the coffee shop.

Ha.

I thought you meant the hotel.

I rarely venture east of Corona, so I wouldn't know.

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Ted said...

but... you pass every day?

Oh, you mean venture outside of your vehicle, I bet.

Yeah, good policy.

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

I don't drive.

I'll live off of 9th and Sherman so I pass the hotel place everyday on my home.

January 30, 2008  
Blogger James said...

That place always seemed like a dump to me. It's weird that the big hot clubs are right there, too.

You know what's funny about that, though, right?

Your average prostitute is more likely to be fucked by a cop than arrested by one....

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

i always thought it was a flop-house.

who knows, maybe regas [the owner of the church, viyl, etc] owns it too.

ha ha.

actually, i shouldn't say that.

he's always been nothing but super-cool to me.

[i almost went to work for him.]

January 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com