Friday, May 09, 2008

Ack.



Okay, so I am kinda freaked out.

I have had this minor dull pain in my chest behind my left pec for the last two weeks.

It actually has gone away some days, but it's totally back today.

Now I know you say I should go to the doc to get it checked out, but honestly, I am scared that it might be something serious.

What is even more stupid of me is that my grandfather died of, and my dad has, heart disease which means I really should have it checked out.

But I can't tell if it's just heartburn or some type of pulled muscle in my chest.

It kind of feels like it might be a muscle issue because it doesn't hurt when I breathe, and my heart isn't beating irregularly.

I am also kind of freaked out because of what happened to Howard.

He had stomach pains and thought it might be his appendix.

Turns out he had lymphoma.

Ack.

So, I am taking some ibuprofen and not going to smoke or drink at all this weekend to see if that helps.

Wish me luck.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Stop being a puss! :) I was just in the ER on Wed for chest pains. One of the chemo meds is hard on your heart. Turns out they were worried about a blod clot; however, the CT scan came back clear thankfully.

In other words, better safe, mister.

May 09, 2008  
Blogger Scooter said...

Good also be a stress attack. Stress attacks are not to be shugged off as they can be painful and scary themselves, creating more pain and can eventually trigger other problems. Take it safe. If there is a problem, treating it early can make a difference....and since yours is in my 3 favorite BLOGS, you gotta hang around, Big Daddy!!!

May 10, 2008  
Blogger Matt said...

Agreed with Scooter - my brother went through this a year ago, luckily it was stress, but we all thought he had had a heart attack. WAY better to figure it out NOW!

I'd be scared and not want to go, either, but I hope you do see your doc.

May 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com