Monday, October 06, 2008

Human After All?



The maternal parental unit called on Saturday morning to say she wouldn't be coming for a visit after all.

Phew!

I hadn't tidied up my place yet and was relieved to hear that I could have a lazy weekend.

She ended up not coming because she was experiencing tooth pain, and my brother was concerned about her driving all by herself up here.

I had this same concern too after recently seeing an episode of 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' where this woman was robbed, assaulted, and shot repeatedly by some meth-heads whilst cross-country driving on vacation.

But I could tell in her voicemail that she sounded weird.

So I called her back, and yep, you could tell she was bummed that she wouldn't be visiting.

And surprisingly, I kind of felt sad about it as well.

Whua?

I guess I had been stressing out about it so much and come to terms with it, that it was like having my plans squashed at the last minute.

So, alas, I told her I'd fly her out for Thanksgiving and put he up in a hotel if she wants.

That would work for me since I actually have the holiday off and the strike thing should be resolved by then.

She's going to let me know.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Digital Fortress said...

That was sweet of you. Nothing like the love a boy has for his mother. :)

I hope she appreciates it.

October 06, 2008  
Blogger Joey J said...

Maybe she read your previous posts and realized how much you actually didn't want her there??? I've faked a tooth ache before... Just a thought. J'Adore!

October 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com