Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Feature! - 'Signs I'm A Little Touched In The Head'




My brain is constantly thinking.

The reason I have insomnia is because I can't turn off my brain.

One of the side effects of having over-active grey matter is I often get caught up or obsess about some random little thing.

Like having a certain song stuck in my head.

But more often than not, it is usually a word.

See, I have have this thing for language and words.

I'm fascinated by them.

This includes meaning, evolution, usage, and spontaneous creation due to error.

For example.

I was commenting on someone's post once and I accidentally misspelled 'lesbian' as 'lesbina'.

Well, that cracked me up, and it stuck.

For better or worse, now it's stuck in my vocabulary.

Most recently, was the creation of the phrase, 'I haven't done squish!'.

So yah, I'm a little odd.

Well, the last two days I have had this French word stuck in my head: 'nettoyant'.

Since it has been a while since I took French, it was driving me crazy what its English equivalent is.

For some reason I thought it was 'naturally', but also though that it meant 'annoying'.

Before I would get around to looking it up on a translator, a new thought would pop in my head and I would forget about it for a while.

Well, I looked it up today, and it actually means 'cleaning agent'.

Ha ha.

Figures with my OCD about cleanliness, that that word would be stuck in my brain.

Sidebar: So if bad Asian to English translation is called Engrish, what is bad English to French translation called?

'Franch'?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called Franglais.

October 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not even kidding.

October 23, 2008  
Blogger Liöüx said...

OMG!!!

That's the same reason I rarely sleep. And I'm constantly getting all types of things stuck in my head.

Fun Fact : I LOVE Mr.Clean®™©™! [And Brawny Man®™©™] so much so, I went as him for Halloween one year...and won second place for best costume!

October 24, 2008  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Kevin: Oh right. Duh. I knew that.

Lioux: I totes can not picture you as Mr. Clean. Brawny dude yes, Clean, no.

Ha ha.

October 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com