Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hmmm...



Debbie Gibson - 'Only In My Dreams'

Ya know.... the lyrics are kinda deep:

'Every time I'm telling secrets
I remember how it used to be
And I realized how much I miss you
And I realize how it feels to be free

Now I see I'm up to no good
And I wanna start again
Cant remember when I felt good
No I cant remember when

Chorus:
No, only in my dreams
As real as it may seem
It was only in my dreams'


You could totally make a druggy Stranglers-type version of this song.

Just for fun:



Ha ha.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger QuakerJono said...

Holy God, I never realized this song was about Debbie...I mean, Deborah's heroin addiction. But now I see it. The hallucinations, the carousel, walking around with her dealer who's obviously turning her out for the sick pedophile market just so she can get a taste of sweet, sweet candy. Suddenly the pain and desperation are clear!

I shall still do the 80s BopHop to this song, but now I shall do so with a single, salty tear in my eye for all those who never saw the birth of grunge, when we put aside our neon, Hypercolor lies for flannel truth.

Not, though, our drugs. We kept those.

November 19, 2008  
Blogger Meredith said...

I danced to that in the 4th grade talent show, ha!

November 20, 2008  
Blogger vivavavoom said...

are you doing poppers right now!! there is no excuse for posting Debbie Gibson except that.

November 20, 2008  
Blogger Scooter said...

Listening to Debbie Gibson is like eating hundreds of marshmallows in one sitting.

November 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com