Monday, January 30, 2006

Hubba Hubba

Watched Land Of The Dead this weekend, and while it was good, it wasn't great. I think the remake of 'Dawn Of The Dead' was much better. And I know Romero was trying to be funny at some points [like with the clown zombie chomping down on innards], but 'Shaun Of The Dead' was far more successful. Like at the end of Shaun when they have clips of the zombies being assimilated in to society [the lady on the talk show who was married to a zombie, and the one zombie who collected grocery carts]. That's funny and social commentary.



I know Romero wanted to have Kaufman be a symbol of George Bush and the administration, but it wasn't strong enough, in my opinion. The one thing that bugged me about 'Land Of The Dead' was the actor playing Riley. He looked familiar and it drove me crazy. I was too lazy to IMDB it until today. Well, that guys is Simon Baker. I guess I had seen him before in 'Book Of Love' and 'The Ring II'.

From what I remember, 'Book Of Love' was pretty decent. It's the story of a couple who befriends this teen that they feel sorry for, but then the teen ends up hooking up with the wife and things get all complicated [obviously]. Simon is kinda girthy in this one, but still kinda hot in a weird way.

Second movie was the 'Ring II' where he played the owner of the newspaper. I remember thinking he was kinda hot with his stubble action. But it was cool to see him play a lead in 'Land'. Hopefully he gets more roles like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com