Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blurb Reviews - '40 Year Old Virgin'




I was presently surprised by this one. I expected a bunch of middle school humor, but instead found this one pretty witty. Ending is predictable.
I dig Seth Rogen. I liked him in 'Freaks and Geeks' and 'Donnie Darko', even though he tends to play the same character. But his deadpan delivery is funny. Steve Carrel really showed his sarcastic humor made famous on 'The Daily Show'.
Best part is actually in the deleted scenes on the DVD. They are on the roof smoking pot from an apple, talking about when they lost their virginity. Paul Rudd's character had the best line, talking about imagining his dead grandfather as a way to prevent premature ejaculation:
Steve Carrel: 'Your dead grandfather must have been hot'
Paul Rudd: 'Yeah. He really fills out a pair of jeans'.
Funny.

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Paul Rudd's character cracked me up, perhaps because he reminded me so much of myself. This line sounds exactly like something I'd say.

April 24, 2006  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Audio file won't play for me in Quicktime. Odd. Yah, I could see you as a Paul Rudd.

April 24, 2006  
Blogger James said...

Transcription:

"But seriously, I'm gonna lay it out for you right now. I was a little reticent to come over and talk to you. You're very pretty and you seem really nice. The truth is, I dated this woman....let me rephrase that, I dated this whore who stomped all over my heart and it's just taken me a little while to, you know, kind of get back in the game."

That's so me.

April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com