Friday, April 21, 2006

Worst Songs Ever

I agree with the ones in red:

These are the songs CNN employees nominated as the worst song ever:

--Starship's "We Built This City," a No. 1 hit from 1985, which was also named Blender magazine's worst song ever.

--The Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight" - it's also pretty dirty if you listen to the lyrics:

'Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting'

--Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart"

--Mr. Mister's "Broken Wings"

--Don Johnson's "Heartbeat" - Possibly my choice for worst song over. The video and song make me wanna wretch

--C.W. McCall's "Convoy" - corny, but I don't mind it

--Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy"

--Rick Dees' "Disco Duck" - horrid

--Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" - totally agree.

--Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park" - I like the Donna Summer version. The lyrics are so bizarre:

'MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down...
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!'



I'd also like to nominate the following:

'Physical' - Olivia Newton John

'My Baby Takes The Morning Train' - Sheena Easton

Anything by Tom Petty

'The Reason' - Hoobastank [who Hoobstinks]

Anything by Staind

'Walk Like A Man' - Franki Valli

'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' - The Tokens

'Wind Beneath My Wings' - Bette Midler

CNN News

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I HATE 'The Reason' by Hoobastank!!! I still can't understand why it was popular, it's horrible!

April 26, 2006  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Thank you! I am glad someone agrees with me. They performed it on one of the VMAs, and they were off key and horrible. Just more proof that they hoobastink.

April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com