Monday, August 27, 2007

For October issue of The Magazine.



For those of you who are new to Bon Jour, Pee Wee, I write for a column in The Magazine called 'He Said, She Said'.

It's a fun piece where three people; a straight guy, a straight girl, and the gay of the village [that's me] write our opinion on one topic.

October's topic is how to keep a long term relationship interesting:

You want to keep a long term relationship exciting? Date an Aries. Seriously, you will never have to worry about the lack of drama (good and bad). I actually had a potential dating partner turn me down after he found out I was an Aries. He said he had already rode our mental-merry-go round, and didn’t want to take another spin. (His loss).

If you’re not lucky enough to date an Aries, I would say that the way to keep things interesting is to try and prevent going in to a rut in the first place. Part of the benefits of being in a long term relationship is that you and your mate eventually find your groove or rhythm.

But that can be a trap. One day you’ll wake up and realize that some takeout and a night, in has become you’re entire life. So if you make a concerted at the beginning to not get caught up in the monotonous and repetitive, you shouldn’t have to worry about down the road.

If you’re out of luck and things have gone stale, the steadfast rule is variety and surprise can work wonders. And when in doubt, adding a little kink doesn’t hurt either.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Hurrah for writers for local Denver rags! I write some stuff for the city edition of the Onion. I tried for a long time to be a (the?)token straight writer for the Out Front, but they just wouldn't bite... I still pick it up whenever I come across one, but they do seem entrenched in this sort of late 80's / early 90's gay male aesthetic.

Looks like I need to pick up 303 more often.

Cheers!

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Caffeinator!

I remember you from a comment on Teletunes a ways back.

Howdy!

Yah, Out Front totally looks dated.

August 27, 2007  
Blogger lioux said...

I like to keep all my relationships interesting.

August 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com