Monday, December 10, 2007

I heart Bettie Page.



I've always been a fan and have seen plenty of documentaries and biographies that suffice it to say, 'The Notorious Bettie Page' did a pretty good job of recounting her life.

Gretchen Mol looks great and did an awesome job.

Kudos.

While watching this, it made me reflect on how she had such a huge subtle impact on sexual pop culture, and influenced scores of Rockabilly and burlesque chicks.

I remember reading on how after she disappeared from the public eye, she really had no idea how popular she is/was.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it was along the lines of, 'I can't believe there would still be an interest in little ol' me and some pictures I took ages ago.'

It was also after this movie that I got inspired that my next tattoo will be Bettie or a pin-up girl.

I just need to find a good portrait artist.

Denver readers, any suggestions?




Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger d said...

send me a pic of bettie that you want forever engraved in your skin and i can draw you up a suitable tatoo of her.

December 11, 2007  
Blogger Colleen said...

i think that despite being a born again, the real BP has since cashed in on the gravy train. i think i read a story about her in rolling stone...it began with her just signing a shit ton of BP licensed products for $$$.

December 11, 2007  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Hmm.. I would cash in to if I was her age.

December 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com