Monday, May 19, 2008

Drunken Purchases



Colleen has a post that mentions purchasing while under the influence, and I had to stop and think If I had made any drunken purchases.

One that came to mind is a St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap that has 'Cardinals' written in Hebrew.

I was in St. Louis for a wedding, and the reception ended early, so a bunch of us ended up going out for drinks at Union Station [where we were also staying].

On the way back to the room, there was a tourist shop, and I saw the Hebrew cap and had to have it.

It cracked me up because I have never seen any sports memorabilia written in Hebrew.

We all had a good laugh at it at the time.

Occasionally I will still wear it out and it's amazing the reactions I get.

Either people are freaked out because they think it's that 'crazy Middle Eastern writin'', or I get Jews coming up to me speaking Hebrew.

And believe you me, I look far from Jewish.

I actually confused this one Israeli guy because I was wearing the cap, but he could also speak/read Arabic and noticed the tat on my right forearm.

Does St. Louis have a large Jewish community?

I still haven't figured out why it's in Hebrew.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

that's why they call it st. jewis.
no, i dont' know why you found that there. just glad you did.

May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com