Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today In - 'Strange Cravings'



Besides hasbrowns, I have had a hankerin' for crab.

Last weekend, while at the store, they just got in some Alaskan King Crab legs.

I succumbed.

I bought two legs, and they were huge!!

Seriously, each was probably almost 30 inches in length.

They looked like pinkish/red basball bats.

Honestly, if I saw a live crab with that size legs, I'd be a little freaked.

Like a big spider coming to get you.

The only thing I hate about eating shelfish, is dismembering the body.

I had to crack the legs at it's joints in order to get it to fit in the pot.

But alas, my craving was more powerful than my ick factor.

Which got me to thinking, what is the nutritional value of crab?:

Alaskan King Crab - 'Rich in vitamin B-12, low in fat, contains zinc, magnesium, folate, vitamin C and omega's-3's which can reduce the amount of 'bad' cholesterol and triglycerides that are running around in your system. Unleash the power with crab!'

Serving size: 3 oz. -- Cooked Edible Portion

Calories 82
Protein 16.45g
Total Fat 1.31g
Saturated 0.113g
Monounsaturated 0.157g
Polyunsaturated 0.456g
Carbohydrates 0g
Sodium 911mg
Iron 0.640mg
Cholesterol 45mg




Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

I feel the same way about eating shellfish.

You know the whole dismemberment and all.

June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com