Thursday, March 13, 2008

Scenes From Public Transport



'Slim'

This guy was on my bus home last night.

It amazes me how people really let themselves go.

Sometimes I wonder if they have touched-in-the-head-issues.

The worst part?

He reeked.

I could smell his B.O. wafting over in my direction whenever the bus driver opened the front door to board new passengers.

It was so bad, I though about moving back further in the bus, or even getting off early and just walk the rest of the way.

I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but his belly actually over-flowed into a cascading bulbous flap over the edge of the seat, and past his knees.

Which is where I saw something just as, if not more, grody.

His legs.

I don't know if he has diabetes because of his obviously poor health, or gout, but let me tell you, I have seen better skin on zombies.

His legs were fish-belly white but decorated with a bevy of crimson-red open sores, and heliotrope scars.

Ack.

Ick.

It's making my skin crawl again just thinking about it.

I wanted to feel sorry for him, but I can't.

I have tried to write out why I can't, but each time I do, it sounds pithy.

So I'll just drop it.

But, suffice it to say, if I get any where over 5 pounds over my target weight, I am working my arse off [literally] to get back down to where I want to be.



Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger vivavavoom said...

I think I was behind this guy in safeway the other day. every aisle was left with the smell du homme. poor bus driver. I bet he was opening the door at every stop even if there was no one waiting. You realize now we are both going to hell for making fun of the olfactory challenged.

March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how vivid. cheers.

March 14, 2008  
Blogger Liöüx said...

Oooh. I've always been a fan of your SFPT posts.

And thank you for not using B2BR as the "touched-in-the-head-issues" link.

March 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Today.com